Welcome to Subieville!
Click on one of the people below to find out more information.
Prestige has been family owned and operated since 1967 right here in Asheville. I was born and raised here in the Asheville area. I grew up hanging around the dealership, while my father Rudy was running it. At some time or other I have done every job at the dealership from cutting the grass, sweeping the floors, to cleaning the cars and working in the service & parts shop. I learned from my father that every customer is important, so I'm here everyday doing whatever it takes to make each customer feel like family.
My name is Van Blankenship. I'm married to Lori Blankenship for over 14 years and have two grown up kids Amanda & Tim. I have been with Prestige Subaru for over 15years (March 15, 1998).
I've lived in Buncombe County off and on for 40 years. But I have always seen to make it back to the mountains. I'm currently living in Leicester, NC. I have been with Prestige for 7 years. Prestige is my 3rd sales job I have had. It will hopefully be my last.
We have the best products, great co-workers, and great customers. It's easy to say that.
My goal is to provide an easy buying experience and the highest customer satisfaction until everyone in the Asheville area drives a Subaru.
My name is Maurice Austin. I grew up in Enka Candler and graduated from Enka high school. Some things I like to do are play basketball, eat, and play video games.
I love working at a great place. Prestige Subaru does so much to help in the
community it's unbelievable. I love Subaru vehicles and will do everything I can to assist you in the selection of yours.
Hello everyone! I'm Darryl, my wife Neina & I along with our Little Pooch (Sophie) just moved from Florida to call Asheville our home. We've been visiting family here for years and fell in love with the area.
I'm very fortunate to be a part of Prestige Subaru as they are an outstanding Family-based group of people. It's a privilege to help you with your needs. My goal is only the highest level of customer satisfaction. I'm looking forward to meeting you.
I have lived in the Asheville area all my life. I worked as a Automotive Technician for 20 years. I also had a towing company for over 15 years and during that time, I only had to tow in three Subaru's.... so now you know why I love the product.
I was born & raised in the Northeast. During my 20+ years of living in the South it has happily become my home.
I bring a long history of customer service to my job as a Sales Consultant. I have been an owner & manager in the restaurant business for many years. Much attention must be paid to detail in order for diners to leave with smiling faces. I bring that same customer oriented philosophy to my work here at Prestige Subaru.
I am a husband, a parent, and a proud grandparent. My favorite times are spent outdoors where I enjoy boating, hiking, golf, and walking with my Plott hound Nick.
I live on a mountaintop in beautiful Madison County...perfect terrain for a Subaru. In fact, our family owns four. I love spending time with my son, girlfriend, and her three children. We are constantly on the go with sports, as my son plays baseball. All the kids enjoy snowboarding and any activity that involves water.
Hello! My name is Shane and I am originally from the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I grew up in the automobile industry as my family owned a used car business as well as two Auto and Marine Upholstery businesses. This quickly turned into a passion for automobiles of all kind. After living in Charlotte for over 8 years and polishing my customer service skills by opening five new restaurants and also becoming a licensed Cosmetologist, I decided I needed a change. The Asheville area drew me in and quickly stole my heart, mainly because I wanted to be closer to my Sisters family in Lake Lure and be a part of my two nieces which I absolutely adore!
Asheville has treated me well in my transition from the Queen City, I am happy to call it my home for over a year now. I was honored to become a team member of Prestige Subaru after learning how much the family and staff contributed back to the community. I pride myself in being a peoples person and fulfilling the needs and wants for everyone's Subaru needs without hassle. I look forward to meeting you and helping you pick the car of your dreams!
Hello folks I'm back! My name is Guy
Gettinger better known as Gator. I have been with the Prestige Family
for 8 years. I took off 2 years to travel the waters of Florida on my
36ft Albin Trawler, it was the greatest time of my life. But all good
things must end.
So please come in & see me for a great deal on a new or used Subaru and to share some great stories.
Come in and
moved to Asheville 13 years ago when he met the love of his life.
Together they have raised 4 children. Jorge is a Papa to many,
compassionately serving those in need within his extended family and
In his free time, Jorge enjoys geeking out over orchids, practicing martial arts, visiting waterfalls, walking the dogs, reading science fiction and making new friends.
Jorge's friendly smile will comfort you and his Subaru knowledge will guide you in choosing the best Subaru for your lifestyle.
My name is David MacRae. I am an Asheville native and it has been that way since I was 2 months old. The mountains are my home, though I've done my fair share of traveling, this is where I always want to come back to. I have two beautiful daughters (Amithyst and Ruby) who are my whole world, and I plan to let them grow up here in the same wonderful town that I did, because I couldn't imagine any other place to call home. Me and my girls love music, and that is another reason why Asheville is absolutely perfect for us, there is culture just oozing from this place! I love this town, and the people in it, and I believe that those people deserve to be driving the best cars in the world, and that is why I came to Prestige Subaru.
My name is Adam Parker. I grew up in Cherokee and just now moved to beautiful Asheville. I like to spend time with my family, hike, hang out with friends, and be outdoors as much as possible.
I am very happy to be in the Prestige Subaru family. Come in and see me so that way you also can become part of the Prestige Family too.
My name is Abel Quinlan. I was born in San Diego California. I've
lived here in Asheville since January 3rd of 2012. My life in San Diego
became somewhat bland and repetitive. I ended up driving across the
country without much of a plan other then knowing I was going to North
Carolina. Asheville has become my home and I truly love the community
It is an honor being apart of and working for Prestige Subaru. It
would be my pleasure to help get you into the car of your dreams. Stop
by and the dealership and ask for Abel.
Hi there! I'm Kim Richardson. I look forward to learning about you and your
vehicle needs and helping you find a vehicle you'll love. My focus is giving
you an outstanding purchase and ownership experience.
I've driven my 2005 Forester over 163,000 miles and it has comfortably and reliably delivered me through snow, ice, rain, and mud. I love my "Rooster." My four-legged friends appreciate the rear seats folded down so they have prime sniffing position from the windows. I appreciate the moon roof everyday and the heated seats on chilly occasions.
I traveled many of those miles touring as a professional singer/ songwriter. I've released three cds and am always working on new tunes. I love getting outdoors and exploring trails & waterways. Whether on foot, two wheels, or by kayak, nothing beats getting my toes in the grass (or water) and the sky in my lungs.
Being a Prestige Sales Consultant affords me the opportunity to be of
service to you, helping you find the right vehicle for your needs; one
you'll be proud to own and excited to drive. Come say hello, let's talk
about what brings you joy, and find the vehicle that fits your life.
Joe has been with Prestige Subaru since 2006. Before coming to Prestige Joe managed a Ingles Super Market for over 20 years.
Joe is married , for over 25 years to, Diane. They have 2 children that they are very proud of, a son Kyle and a daughter Kaylee.
Joe's favorite things to do are, read, anything outdoors, or spend time with any of the 5 dogs they have.
Joe is very active in the community . He volunteers at many places including Animal Compassion Network and Manna Food Bank.
Joe says that He enjoys meeting people and He genuinely cares about each person He meets and will do his very best to help them any way that He can.
Click below for a personal greeting from Joe.
Born and raised in Western North Carolina, I played college baseball at both Western Carolina University and UNC-Asheville, where I received a bachelor's degree in Business Management. I enjoy spending time with family, friends and especially my beagle, Bailey.
My first Subaru, "Susie" was totaled last year when someone ran a red light and hit me. Thanks to the Lord and Subaru, I walked away without a scratch! Subaru's safety innovations are incredible, and I'm a true believer in: "There's safe, and then there's SUBARU Safe". Without hesitation, I purchased a second Subaru…."Subie".
Growing up in a close knit family, it was such a blessing to have the opportunity to work for Prestige Subaru, a company that truly supports our local community and treats both their internal and external customers like family. Stop by and see me! ~ Phillip
My name is Jason Wicks, Internet Sales Manager here at Prestige Subaru and I will be your personal online sales consultant for your next vehicle purchase. I specialize in connecting customers with the perfect vehicle to fit your individual needs all while giving you an amazing purchase and ownership experience.
I thought I would send you a little bit about me, why I love what I do, and some of the things that make me passionate about life and Western NC. Before joining Prestige in October 2013, I worked in the newspaper industry for 15 years. My love of Subaru started in 1990 with my first car, a 1982 Subaru GL. Since that time, I have owned a total of 7 Subarus, including a 1998 Outback with over 248,000 miles. Four of these vehicles were purchased from Prestige. As you can see, the Subaru brand has been much more than a car for me, it's been a friend and part of the family.
I am married to Lisa and we have 2 girls, Greta (5) and Afton (12) our sweet dog Olive (Yellow Lab) and Tucker the orange tabby cat. After growing up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, I moved to Western NC in 1992 and fell in love with all the mountains can offer and have been here ever since. I enjoy mountain biking, trail running, camping with my family and I recently finished my third Half-Marathon.
Thank you for learning a bit about me and I look forward to meeting
2. When you buy from us you are helping your local community. We are VERY active supporting our local community from donations & sponsoring events, to even hosting events here at the Prestige Adventure Center. A few of the causes we help are Asheville Humane Society/Network, Asheville Wine & Food Festival, Smokey Mountain Relay, Veterans helping Veterans, Run/Walk for Autism, American Cancer Society, Taste of Compassion, Colorado Relief Fund Raiser, Dog Day Afternoon, Put for Mutts, Bele Chere, the list just keeps on going.
3. We believe in customer service and no one lets us know better than our clients! Our staff has received many personal compliments, including many hand-written thank you letters after their experience here.
4. Prestige Subaru has consecutively been the #1 Subaru Dealer in the South East, thanks to great customers & great staff. We have received numerous awards. Many of our staff received multiple Sales, Service and accomplishment awards too.
5. Peace of Mind knowing that when you come to Prestige we will be here for support long after the sale. Prestige Subaru has been family owned & operated since 1967 right here in Asheville. You can find the owner, Tony Pelle, at the dealership here everyday. We have generations of follow-on clients coming here time & time again for their vehicle needs. We are also VERY pet friendly, many of our clients bring their furry companions that enjoy a lot of attention from our staff.
6. Amenities to ensure you are at ease & comfortable while you wait. We supply free grind-per-cup coffee, hot chocolate, Late, from a local source -coffee from Dynamite Roasters in Black Mountain. We offer free Wi-Fi, complimentary local shuttle service, new fleet of complimentary loaners with major service. We have re-vamped the customer waiting areas, Sales offices, showroom & service advisor space in our New Showroom building. Now including a quiet Lounge space separated from distractions for customers to conduct business while they wait. Also including enclosed service advisor spaces. These changes will provide a more comfortable & private experience for our clients.
7. We are engaged in Social Media. We offer up-to-date news, specials, events and contests with free giveaways. Some examples are from Whitewater rafting/Zipline tickets to Baseball Game & theater/show tickets. We also send out a monthly eNewsletter with a selected customer of the month, Sales & Service employee of the month, even a selected Pet of the Month. Check out our Facebook page, ' Like us' , to join the family.
8. Massive inventory and selection ON THE LOT & READY FOR DELIVERY to choose from. If we don't have exactly what you are looking for on the lot, if its available, we will go to all lengths possible to get it. Rest assured having a huge inventory means you will find what you are looking for.
9. Enjoy a different experience going thru the Prestige Adventure Center showroom/facility. This location is where our Internet Sales Department is housed as well as additional service bays. The Adventure Center showroom is quite different from your normal dealership showcasing the latest outdoor gear all sourced from local manufacturers. On display in this large showroom you will find outdoor gear from Liquid Logic, Sylvan Sports, Watershed, Outrider USA, and items/brochures/information on countless more. So stop by, sit back, relax enjoying a locally sourced coffee or hot coco on us while you peruse the gear.
10. At Prestige we look for long term relationships, we don't want to just get you "in and out". The staff, here at Prestige, have many of the same interests as our customers... Hiking, Biking, Kayaking, a love for animals, Woodworking, the list goes on. While buying a car or getting your car serviced; connect with our staff. Something that sets us apart, and keeps clients coming back, is the people that work here and the lengths they will go through to ensure their customers are satisfied.
11. At Prestige we not only treat your personal information with the utmost confidentiality but we also go to extra lengths to ensure it's securely destroyed once it's no longer needed.
Last but not least: